Jason Gray

It's always refreshing to hear songs written from the New Covenant perspective, and discovering Jason Gray has been a gust of fresh air. Jason hails from Minnesota and was in youth ministry before becoming a full-time independent music artiste. A stutterer, he knows first hand how God is his strength in his weakness. His musical style may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the lyrics and soul behind his songs are impactful and heartwarming.

The first song I heard was Remind me who I am. It is a powerful song about our identity as the Beloved of God — deep down, whatever situation or challenges we're in, there's a deep need in everyone of us to know we are loved and accepted.


Jason gives more insight into his song in this interview"When I'm tempted by sin these days, I can feel beneath it a desire to feel worthy and loved. This desire tells me that I've forgotten who I am and need reminding. I'm learning to run to the only one who can tell me, the One who carved my name in the palm of His hand and gave everything He had so I could be His."


Some of his other songs, which are just as well crafted.
I am New: Another reminder of our identity in Christ ... a new creation!


More like falling in love: How Christianity is not a list of rules, do's and don'ts, but a love relationship.

Comments

Popular Posts